Christ gives us access to God but securing our atonement with God and sending us to live with (and love) the people of God.
We have access to God through Christ
- He gives us confidence to enter (19)
- He cuts a new (& better) covenant (20)
- He is our great priest/mediator (21)
So we should “draw near” to God.
We have atonement with God through Christ
- True Hearts – Imputation (22b)
- Sprinkled Hearts – Propitiation (22c)
- Clean Bodies – Expiation (22d)
So we should draw near to his bride.
God’s people should share God’s presence
- Hold Fast (v23)
- Stir Up (v24)
- Don’t Neglect the Gathering (v25)